Money Transmitters — License Renewal
Please note: All application material must be one-sided documents.
Licensees who are currently using the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS) can submit their renewal application through the NMLS website.
The issued money transmitter licenses set to expire on July 1, 2015 are extended until December 31, 2015 with the passage of HB 1028.
Money Transmitter Renewal Application (Adobe PDF format)
(Link above not available after Dec. 31, 2015.)
The renewal fee is $800 as set by Administrative Rule of South Dakota (ARSD) 20:07:21:02.
The Money Transmitter License Renewal Application is normally available on this website from November 1 to December 31 of each year. The report requirements include, but are not limited to, the following:
- A copy of the most recent audited consolidated annual financial statement, including balance sheets, statement of income or loss, statement of changes in shareholder's equity, and statement of changes in financial position.
- The number of payment instruments sold in South Dakota, the dollar amount of those instruments and the dollar amount of those instruments currently outstanding for the most recent quarter or September 30 of the current year.
- A list of permissible investments.
- A list of all locations in South Dakota at which licensed business is being conducted by either the licensee or its authorized delegate.
- Any material changes to the previous application that have not been reported. Items to be reported include:
- Filing bankruptcy or reorganization.
- Any revocation or suspension against the licensee by any state or governmental authority.
- Any felony indictment or felony conviction of the licensee or any key officers or directors related to money transmission activities.
- Any changes in control or controlling person.
- Notification of authorized delegate(s) contract termination.