- Home to DLR
- Home to Services for Veterans
- Information for Veterans
- Information for Employers
- Find Your Job Service Office
Services for Veterans
Employment Services for Veterans
Every South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation local office has trained staff able to provide job-seeking veterans with:
- Intensive services and employment assistance for disabled veterans. If you have a military disability, you may also qualify for vocational rehabilitation services.
- In-person orientation sessions introducing South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation services and procedures.
- Job-search information, assistance with writing resumes and cover letters and also preparing for interviews.
- Eligibility determinations for special programs and services that employ and train veterans.
- Information on how to apply for federal, state, county and city employment.
- Employment information for newly separated or transitioning service members.
- Assistance with cross-matching your military skills to civilian employment.
- Direct referrals to job openings.
You may also download a Veterans' Services brochure (Adobe PDF format) highlighting services available to veterans from the South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation.
Please also see our Gold Card for Veterans page for more information on employment initiatives for veterans.